Download stats for pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 6 13:53:15 PDT 2004

Hello

Would it be possible for some of the FTP mirrors to give me some
download statistics for the pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages directory of the
FTP site?  It would also be nice with more general stats for the entire
pub/FreeBSD/doc tree for comparison, if possible.

The reason for the request is that I'm considering removing the
pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages directory [1] since I don't really think it's
very useful, and it contains 115M which is updated weekly.  It would be
nice to know if people download the packages before going further with
my removal plans.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I know perl so the format isn't very important :).

[1] For any doc lurkers: with apropriate -doc consensus of course.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team