cvsup mirror state

Alexandr Kovalenko never at nevermind.kiev.ua
Tue May 13 05:35:19 PDT 2003

Hello, Nils Vogels!

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 07:29:54PM +0200, you wrote:

> I'm hoping I have the right list, if not, please drop me an icmp redirect :)
>
> Just ran the fastest_cvsup script, which comes with the portstree, and there
> seemed to be a few communications errors, which seemed interesting enough for
> the FreeBSD project people to know :)
>
> First of all, the fastest_cvsup script fetches the list of cvsup mirrors to
> prod from http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvsup.html .. After that,
> it contacts each server listed and measures how long it took to connect.
>
> During a full sweep of the server set, I ran into the following issues:

[dd]

> --> Connecting to cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org [217.20.163.36]...
>     * error: Timeout

Check _your_ internet connection, please. I'm administrator of
*7.ua.freebsd.org and can say that it works just great.

$ nslookup cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org ns.lucky.net
Server:  ns.lucky.net
Address:  193.193.193.100

Name:    cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org
Address:  217.20.163.36

$ ftp cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org.
220 surge.wnet.ua FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
Name (cvsup7.ua.freebsd.org:root): ftp
331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp>

[dd]