5.1-BETA ia32 bits uploaded

Scott Long scott_long at btc.adaptec.com
Mon May 12 21:02:11 PDT 2003

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:45:21PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
>
>>Ying-Chieh Liao wrote:

> showing

>>>hmmm... after waiting for 2+ days, I'd like to ask : where is sparc64
>
> ?
>
>>>:p
>>
>>I mistakenly thought that the sparc64 packages were ready.  It looks
>>like they are taking longer than expected.
>

> They should be finished in a few days..the sparc64 hardware we have
> for package builds is pretty slow.  Actually it seems to be running
> much slower than I remember, so I wonder if something has been
> pessimized on sparc64 recently.
>
> sparc64:     5237
>
> I expect at least 5600 packages to build, based on the last sparc64
> package run I was able to complete (2 months ago).
>
> Kris

Ok, thanks for the update.  Kris stated on IRC that bento mostly only
has X11 packages to build, so I'd like to do the following.

- snarf the built packages off of bento and build the sparc64 disc1 from
them.
- upload the miniiso, disc2, and ftp bits for sparc64 to ftp-master now.

These two tasks are not implicitely linked, so if anyone objects to
either or both, let me know.

Scott