New Freebsd WWW mirror

Carlos Filipe filipe at zarco.org
Mon May 5 03:55:42 PDT 2003

---- Alexandr Kovalenko <never at nevermind.kiev.ua>  wrote:

Hello, Carlos Filipe!

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 11:59:00AM +0100, you wrote:

> >>Could you possibly get in touch with hostmaster at pt.FreeBSD.org and try
> >>to arrange for them to give you a hostname under the pt.FreeBSD.org
> >>domain, e.g. www3.pt.FreeBSD.org?
> >

> >Curious, who is the correct point of contact for freebsd.org?  I sent
> >mail last Friday to hostmaster@ asking for a *.freebsd.org CNAME for
> >our CVSup, FTP, and WWW mirrors (freebsd.isc.org) and I got an
> >auto-response back asking me to send to dnsadm@ instead.  I still
> >haven't heard back, but it was Easter weekend and it is still spring
> >break in a lot of places, so it's understandable. (but a ACK that the
> >request was received would be nice) ;)
> >
> >-Peter
>

> I've sent an email to hostmaster at pt.FreeBSD.org asking for a CNAME for
> the mirror, about a month ago, but until now I haven't got any reply, so
> I posted a message on the mailing lists.

Try contacting root at dns.ua.pt or hostmaster at dns.ua.pt, as long as in SOA
record of pt.freebsd.org zone it stated as contact person.

pt.freebsd.org.         8H IN SOA       dns.ua.pt. root.dns.ua.pt. (

Hi,

I've tried to contact root at dns.ua.pt, hostmaster at dns.ua.pt(It has no smtp server, so I get the message back) and hostmaster at pt.FreeBSD.org(I don't get any reply)

It seems that there is no control over this zone!

What can I do in this situation?

Regards,
Carlos Filipe