ftp3 no longer a FTP mirror?

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sun Jun 22 10:00:06 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:08:30PM -0400, Michael W . Lucas wrote:

> Has ftp3 gone to join the penguins?

Apparently... :-/

> If so, we should update the DNS...

This got done a day or so ago.  I'm not sure exactly how/why. I
reported it through dnsadm@ but never got a reply so I don't know
if that was what prompted the change or if it was caused by someone
else.

Does anyone know how to get documentation changed?  If that's something
someone here does can you let us know?  If nobody here does it I can
try to hunt down who does do it.  Some of the stuff we've been talking
about lately would ultimately need changes in the info on www.freebsd.org.
I thought maybe I'd start trying to figure out how that gets done now
in case it turns out to be something that's hard.  The stuff on the www
site that tells you where to report problems with the top-level FTP
sites is wrong right now (says "hostmaster at freebsd.org", it's supposed
to be "dnsadm at freebsd.org") so I thought maybe I'd use fixing that as
an exercise in learning how documentation gets changed.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |