[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 5.1 Released!

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Tue Jun 10 09:04:30 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:47:25AM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> is a FreeBSD 5.1 machine but I can't use cvsup yet because it's a
> Sparc...

CVSup does work on FreeBSD/sparc64, and has since early this
year.  Admittedly the port was updated a bit more recently.

> [ Just curious, is anyone thinking about rewriting cvsup in something
> other than Modula-3? ]

There is a similar project called "cvsync", see:

http://www.daemon-systems.org/cvsync/

And there are some cvsup mirrors that support cvsync, see:

http://www.allbsd.org/cvsync/

Regards,
--
wca