[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 5.1 Released!

Jun Kuriyama kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp
Mon Jun 9 23:58:25 PDT 2003

At Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:45:07 +0200,
Cejka Rudolf wrote:
> The problem with an automatic update of permissions by cvsup is that
> there were massive data updates on ftp-master (including new round of
> packages-4-stable) and there is still one update cvsup run since
> 2003-06-08 15:00:00 CEST (now I have 2003-06-10 08:38:27 CEST).
> Furthermore, it seems to me that ftp-master is really overloaded,
> because I have seen several "Inactivity timeout" (so I afraid about
> huge swapping) and "Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded; try
> again later" on the client side. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to
> check the server side.

I got same results between ftp-master and ftp-master.  I'm tracking
this down, but I don't have exact reason yet.

When I'm looking top(1) status, sometimes cvsupd process has 600MB
over memory size.  It's strange because usually cvsupd requires 10KB -
30KB.  Over 600MB is not permanent.  Such process has little memory in
another time.  Hmm...

"Access limit exceeded" after "Inactivity timeout" may be what you
guessed.  When I got "Inactivity timeout", client process has died,
but server process is still remain on ftp-master.  After some minutes,
it died.  And then I can connect again.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.