[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 5.1 Released!

Cejka Rudolf cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Mon Jun 9 23:45:12 PDT 2003

Hello, and good morning to Lukas and all others ;o)

Permissions on ftp-master.cz and ftp.cz should be fixed now.

Lukas Ertl wrote (2003/06/09):
> Currently, ftp.cz is still at 770 permissions, ftp-master.cz ditto, so I
> had to do the bit flip by hand.
>
> Probably Rudolf is on holiday, like I am :-)

I'm not :-) I just had a good evening with a nice girl ;o)

Mail "FreeBSD 5.1 permissions" unfortunately arrived 12 minutes
after I leaved the keyboard and when I lastly checked permissions
on ftp-master...

The problem with an automatic update of permissions by cvsup is that
there were massive data updates on ftp-master (including new round of
packages-4-stable) and there is still one update cvsup run since
2003-06-08 15:00:00 CEST (now I have 2003-06-10 08:38:27 CEST).
Furthermore, it seems to me that ftp-master is really overloaded,
because I have seen several "Inactivity timeout" (so I afraid about
huge swapping) and "Rejected by server: Access limit exceeded; try
again later" on the client side. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to
check the server side. On the other side, ftp-master.cz.FreeBSD.org
has free bandwidth and system resources
( http://ftp-master.cz.FreeBSD.org/stats/ is (??? should be :o) open
to everybody since some longer time ago), even for rsync. So please,
mainly European sites, help to reduce load of ftp-master by switching
to ftp-master.cz ;o) If you have problems with access, please contact
me. Thanks.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology