FreeBSD 5.1 permissions

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Jun 9 08:23:21 PDT 2003

Tim Bishop wrote:
 > On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 08:12:21AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
 > > Due to network problems I didn't unmask the permissions on the 5.1-R
 > > files until about 30 minutes ago.  As of right now, it looks like only
 > > ftp2 has the permissions unmasked.  Please go ahead and adjust this
 > > locally on your mirrors so I can send out the announcement.
 >
 > ftp2.uk does. I did it by hand at the requested time.

ftp7.de does, too.  I also did it by hand.

Regards
   Oliver

Encrypting transactions on the Internet is the equivalent of
arranging an armored car to deliver credit-card information
from someone living in a cardboard box to someone living on
a park bench.
       -- Eugene Spafford (computer scientist, Purdue Univ.)