It's time for 5.1-R bits

Daniel C. Sobral dcs at tcoip.com.br
Thu Jun 5 10:42:16 PDT 2003

Scott Long wrote:

> 3.  BitTorrent.  I personally like this idea.  We only need a few
> mirrors to act as seeds.  Once the release happens and people start
> using these seeds, they'll become seeds themselves and the load will
> quickly flatten out.  However, it's up to you guys.

Well, it's thursday afternoon for me. I only work on the mirror workdays
(well, I don't, anymore, but that's not really the point :). There is no
time at all to go after BitTorrent, learn how to install and use it,
configure it, and get ready for the mirroring before I leave for the
weekend.

Meaning it's not really viable for this release.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes
E-mail: Daniel.Capo at tco.net.br
         Daniel.Sobral at tcoip.com.br
         dcs at tcoip.com.br

Outros:
	dcs at newsguy.com
	dcs at freebsd.org
	capo at notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

These days the necessities of life cost you about three times what
they used to, and half the time they aren't even fit to drink.