Requirements Final Draft Attempt #2 :-/

Garrett Wollman wollman at khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:19:12 PDT 2003

<<On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:26:19 -0400, Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> said:

> 5) Will be given a "ftpX.CC.freebsd.org" hostname and will be a candidate
>    for becoming a "ftpX.freebsd.org" hostname.

> 3) Will be given a "ftpX.CC.freebsd.org" name.

I think that this would be more helpful if sites were categorized
along a different axis: architecture.  It doesn't make sense to
require every primary mirror site everywhere in the world to carry
every architecture.  Few people outside of Japan, for example, have
need of PC98 releases.  Other places may want to cut out Alpha or
sparc64 bits if those distributions are very infrequently downloaded.

-GAWollman