Replacing ftp7.freebsd.org

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Jul 24 04:44:34 PDT 2003

Looks like ftp7.freebsd.org has stopped providing an anonymous FTP
server.

Anyone else interested in becoming ftp7.freebsd.org?  I only had one
nomination when I asked for a new ftp3.freebsd.org so I can't use
"the runner up" from that.  The same guidelines would apply.  If
possible we would like a site that:

	- carries everything currently on ftp-master
	- syncs with ftp-master at least twice a day
	- allows a relatively high number of concurrent anonymous
	  FTP connections
	- high bandwidth network connections on a "global scale"

As before, nominations straight to me and please do not be offended if
your site is not chosen - the choice may very well have been the
result of flipping a coin... :-/

FYI - our new ftp3.freebsd.org site is in place.  Thanks to the folks
running ftp.se.freebsd.org.  This moves us forward into having the TLD
being populated by "Primary Mirror Sites" regardless of what country
they are in.  We're waiting on a few minor support issues to be resolved
before we go ahead with the setup of us.freebsd.org but that's at least
in the works now.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu