Mirror Site Requirements - Summary thus far...

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Thu Jul 17 14:14:16 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Ken Smith wrote:

> I was sort of wondering if the naming in the branches/ directory
> was done as some sort of cruel joke/test to see if you were
> "qualified" to see the most recent stuff.  Try doing "cd -current"
> from inside of the branches/ directory.  [ And yes, I know what
> to do about it, though it's more challenging than my default first
> solution which would be "cd - -current"... :-].

oh you would not believe the amount of whinging i've done about
that name in the past publicly and privately.. to no avail.. it's
another reason we just don't carry the branches tree.  about the
only thing that'd annoy me worse is going through all the release
trees and making up things like

FreeBSD 5.0 RELEASE (with spaces :-)

regards,

-jason