Get things into place (formally)

Daniel Lang dl at leo.org
Wed Jul 2 09:38:06 PDT 2003

Hi,

it seems Ken wants to get some things into place, that seemed
to have reached some concensus on this list and also
with our fellows from the FreeBSD project.
Even if there may be silent agreement already, formal
appointments and more important documentation helps
to avoid confusion and to provide clear advice for
any future requests in that matter.

In order to get on with it and not getting stuck,
I suggest to implement the role of a mirror coordinator (in some
discussions also called "Chris") ASAP.

I suggest nominations for the role of the mirror coordinator
(lets say for one week at most).

After the nomination period, or earlier if there is general agreement
that all serious nominations have been placed, votes should
finally choose our mirror coordinator.
I suggest one vote for each subscriber of <hubs at freebsd.org>.

I don't expect this election to be abuse-prone, so I hope
we don't need to rely on signed votes. Of course a signed
vote is encouraged, though.

The result of the election should then be approved by Jun Kuriyama,
who (also as a core team member) will provide enough legitimation
for our new elected mirror coordinator.

The new role and its responsibilities, requirements and of course
the person currently fulfilling the role should be documented
in a fitting, prominent place within the FreeBSD documentation.

To be specific,
I nominate Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU>
for the role of the mirror coordinator.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock
     - kommst du siehst du, gehst du hast du, weisst du, krass! -