rsync beta testers?

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Aug 27 13:07:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 09:44:29PM +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> Well, my compliments to the sparc64 at rsync-master.cse.buffalo.edu.
> It is almost as performant as a good ia32 machine. ;-))
>
> Number of files: 692290
> Number of files transferred: 2668
> Total file size: 128453603447 bytes
> Total transferred file size: 217172299 bytes
>
> Total time was 30 minutes (--dry-run).

Cool.  :-)

If this config works we hope we can take some of the load off
ftp-master.freebsd.org with this.  At the moment it's actually
a pair of machines.  A i386 machine is doing the cvsup's from
ftp-master.freebsd.org and, after I get a little more memory
for it, it will become ftp-master.us.freebsd.org offering cvsup
access for people who get better network performance from this
machine than ftp-master.freebsd.org.  I'm sorta hoping to have
the extra memory some time next week (I also need time to get
the cvsupd config set up).  This rsync-master machine will do the
rsync stuff separately if it works out.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu