rsync beta testers?

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Wed Aug 27 12:01:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Ken Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:38:37PM +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> > I (ftp2.de.freebsd.org) usually rsync from ftp-master.cz.freebsd.org,
> > with excellent response: only 18 minutes today for a single run over the
> > whole 128 GB, transferring 200 MB.
>
> I can pretty much guarantee you won't get performance that good.  :-/
>
> > With rsync-master.cse.buffalo.edu I get:
> >
> > opening tcp connection to rsync-master.cse.buffalo.edu port 873
> > @ERROR: access denied to FreeBSD from ftp.gwdg.de (134.76.11.100)
> >
> > Please, give me a try. ;-))
>
> Sorry - I didn't "enable everyone" because I want to keep track of
> who uses it.  I'm told this could be the hardest FreeBSD/sparc64
> has been pushed so far so I'd like to keep track of who's using
> it just in case it melts down for some reason. :-)
>
> I'll add you to the acl now.  If this setup doesn't melt down
> I'll eventually just start using ftp-master's entire acl.

It is running now, with "--dry-run".
So it is a good measure for your server performance.
BTW: you can try it vice versa. I love my server, too. ;-))

ftp2.de.freebsd.org is a Dell PE-2650 with 2 CPUs P4/2800, 6 GB RAM,
12 IDE disks, running SuSE-Linux 8.2. ;->>

Anon-rsync, no real session limit.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)