Requirements Final Draft Attempt #2 :-/

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Aug 1 07:44:31 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:36:33AM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
> >You should see http://www.freebsdmirrors.org/
>
> It seems my country was somehow displaced. :-)

Just FYI, I started talking to the person who runs the site a couple
of weeks ago.  He is interested in working with us to update the tool
a bit, he just needs to find the time.  In a nutshell the current one
relies on being able to do Zone Transfers (many Zone Admins are turning
that off because it is among the current DNS security related recommendations)
and searching for NS records (this isn't the case for you, but several
of the zones are now non-delegated so they don't have NS records).

He said he'll try to implement a new searching algorithm and expand the
architectures it tracks.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu