New Canadian WWW Mirror

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Tue Apr 22 14:02:19 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that, under the clever guise of SaskNow
Technologies, that there is now a second official Canadian WWW mirror
for FreeBSD, at www2.ca.freebsd.org. Geographically, we're located in
(currently sunny) downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, with enough
local and Tier-1 bandwidth to optimize your FreeBSD web site viewing
pleasure. :-) The www2.ca.freebsd.org CNAME was just set up a few
minutes ago, so please give it a few hours to start resolving.

I'm working to fill the gap with FTP and/or CVSup as well, as soon as I
figure out what the heck to do with the traffic. :-)

For now, though, we'll definitely need the entry added to the drop-down
mirror list, and other relevant -doc places. Will this message be enough
to get that done? Or do I need to submit a patch. :-)

Enjoy,
- Ryan

-- Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon