Hardware suggestion needed x3650

easwarrior cgarrett at raytheonvtc.com
Wed Jun 15 15:46:43 UTC 2011

My apologies if that has already been addressed in the past. I have just
recently purchased an x3650 server from IBM. I am going to be using it for a
pfSense installation. I didn't think about it when I ordered the machine to
check the RAID controller. Of course the controller that comes with it does
not support FreeBSD and IBM has been of no help. I have older IBMs that I
used the ServeRaid 8k that worked great with FreeBSD. The problem is that
card has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a new card with support that
will fit into my machine. It requires PCI express low profile. I know I can
do a software RAID however I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks