Top Headlines in Computer Software

LinkedIn Today news at linkedin.com
Sun Jul 17 23:11:49 UTC 2011

The week's most popular industry news: Computer Software
--------------------

Computer Software

Hadoop & Startups: Where Open Source Meets Business Data - techcrunch.com (209 shares)
This guest post was written by Kovas Boguta, Head of Analytics at Weebly. In 2009, Kovas wrote a guest post about visualizing real-time social structures.  A decade ago, the open-source LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python)...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/8y5tt7-gq8me62f-1p/nab/641175183/0Se3oRczgMd3oIe3gRc3AMc3gSb3AMe34RcP4QdyMUd3sSej4Nd3oIcPwNdjsNcjgS/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-4/

Refuse to be Terrorized - wired.com (5 shares)
Arresting would-be attackers becomes a pyrrhic victory if politicians and the media spread fear on the terrorists' behalf. Commentary by Bruce Schneier.
http://www.linkedin.com/e/8y5tt7-gq8me62f-1p/nab/641196748/0Se3oRczgMd3oIe3gRc3AMc3gSb3AMe34RcP4QdyMUd3sSej4Nd3oIcPwNdjsNcjgS/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-4/

Sharpen Lawn Mower Blades to Increase Efficiency, Lawn Health - lifehacker.com (20 shares)
Dull lawn mower blades don't cut grass, instead they crush and bruise it, leaving your lawn vulnerable to sun damage and disease.  Every so often you should sharpen your lawn mower's blades to keep it cutting efficiently.
http://www.linkedin.com/e/8y5tt7-gq8me62f-1p/nab/641351809/0Se3oRczgMd3oIe3gRc3AMc3gSb3AMe34RcP4QdyMUd3sSej4Nd3oIcPwNdjsNcjgS/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-4/

Want a Spotify US Invite? Here is how you get it. - gigaom.com (97 shares)
Last week, Spotify launched in the United States with much fanfare. Many of our readers pinged me asking for get an invitation to Spotify's music service. We talked to some folks over at Spotify and worked on getting you access.
http://www.linkedin.com/e/8y5tt7-gq8me62f-1p/nab/640090548/0Se3oRczgMd3oIe3gRc3AMc3gSb3AMe34RcP4QdyMUd3sSej4Nd3oIcPwNdjsNcjgS/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-4/

Zappedy Acquired By Groupon. What’s Zappedy? - techcrunch.com (207 shares)
An anonymous tipster tells us Zappedy, a company that offered various technology products for local businesses, has been acquired by Groupon, information that turns out to be correct according to a message posted on the...
http://www.linkedin.com/e/8y5tt7-gq8me62f-1p/nab/640425686/0Se3oRczgMd3oIe3gRc3AMc3gSb3AMe34RcP4QdyMUd3sSej4Nd3oIcPwNdjsNcjgS/true/weekly/eml-tod-b-ttle-4/