support of dell r710 hardware

Steve Polyack korvus at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 20:44:55 UTC 2010

  On 10/13/10 12:37, Aurélien Bras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a Dell r710 with this controller : SAS6iR/PERC H200
>
> Any feedback about support with freebsd 8.1 ?

There is no support for the PERC H200.  I believe Scott Long was working
on a driver for it, but I do not believe it is ready yet.  You are much
better off spending the extra hundred dollars or so to get the PERC6/i.
They are well supported in FreeBSD with the mfi(4) driver and mfiutil(8)
management utilities.

-Steve Polyack