Perle Speed4 LE 4 port serial card

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed May 19 19:28:38 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 11:38:40 am Douglas K. Rand wrote:
> John> Can you get pciconf -lb output for this device?
>
> You bet.
>
> I'm pretty sure these are the entries:

Looks like there are existing entries for these devices already:

	{   0x1415, 0x9501, 0xffff, 0,
	    "Oxford Semiconductor OX16PCI954 UARTs",
	    DEFAULT_RCLK,
	    PUC_PORT_4S, 0x10, 0, 8,
	},

	{   0x1415, 0x9511, 0xffff, 0,
	    "Oxford Semiconductor OX9160/OX16PCI954 UARTs (function 1)",
	    DEFAULT_RCLK,
	    PUC_PORT_4S, 0x10, 0, 8,
	},

However, Perle decided to shift the device ID over to the subvendor ID
instead.  I think you can just add a single entry like this:

	{	0x1155f, 0x0331, 0xffff, 0,
		"Perle Speed4 LE",
		DEFAULT_RCLK,
		PUC_PORT_4S, 0x10, 0, 8,
	},

I think though this might give you eight serial ports of which only 4 work.
In that case, change the '0xffff, 0,' above to '0x1415, 0x9501,'.

--
John Baldwin