em driver, 82574L chip, and possibly ASPM

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 24 23:21:11 UTC 2010

On 24 December 2010 23:44, Jan Koum <jan at whatsapp.com> wrote:

> hi Ivan and Mike,
> wanted to follow up and see if you found a solid long-term solution to this
> bug. we are still seeing this problem in our 8.2 environment with ASPM
> already disabled.  here is what we have:

Hi,

The patches Jack made when this discussion was ongoing helped both me
and AFAIK Mike also. The machine I had which exhibited these problems
now works fine and stable. The patches should have been MFCed, but
just in case - try the version from 9-current.

During testing, I've also found that the BIOS setting "Remap PCI
memory" or "Remap device memory" or something like that (I can't look
it up now) also helps if disabled. Mike AFAIK didn't have this setting
in his machine's BIOS.