Intel DP45SG motherboard problem (amd64)

Alastair Hogge agh at coolrhaug.com
Mon Oct 5 18:46:13 UTC 2009

Hey Andrew,

Re you're thread (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2009-
June/005883.html) to freebsd-hardware back in June. As you may remember, I
have the same hardware and the same problem, I would like to further diagnose
and hopefully find a solution to our problem.

Could you please explain how you managed a serial connection to the system?

Both my DP45SG have no serial connections. The best I can do is Firewire,
which works very well, however the installation cds don't come with Firewire
support enabled in the boot loader.

Thanks
-al
 Alastair Hogge