FreeBSD 5.4 Raid configuration

Robert Badaracco badaraccor at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 18:24:11 UTC 2009

Currently we have a Dell PowerEdge 1800 that has an onboard UltraScsi controller. We originally purchased it
with one 73 gig scsi drive and have installed FreeBSD 5.4. Recently we were able to pick up 3 identical drives
that we would like to add to the RAID configuration having them mirror the original drive.

My question is, how do I go about adding the additional drives? Is there a bios modification that needs to be
done to recognized the drives or is it a FreeBSD configuration issue?