burning speed

dalibor kollar dalibor.kollar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:28:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have dvd-drive ASUS DRW-1814BL:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=0S8SJw9jibmKbMn5

when burning dvds with k3b, real burning speed is for first ca. 50% of the
process + - 8x (with manually set to 10x). but then something goes wrong.
Software buffer is on 100%, but buffer of my dvd burner jumps between 10%
and 50% and burning speed for the rest of the burning process is between 1x
and 3x. I'm using verbatim 16x DVD-R for several years, never experienced
any problems of this kind before.

I've tried to burn dvds with latest tkdvd from the ports collection, but it
was the same. tkdvd is not showing current burning speed, only estimated
time remaining till the end of the process. and this time is growing all the
time. burning of 1 dvd with k3b and tkdvd as well lasts 15-20 minutes.

anyone any idea what might be wrong?