Areca vs. ZFS performance testing.

Danny Carroll fbsd at dannysplace.net
Fri Jan 9 09:02:11 UTC 2009

Koen Smits wrote:
> Those numbers are pretty good, right? Who needs onboard XOR anyway :)

Those numbers are great, but I would love to know that writes to the
disks are also protected by the battery backup.  If not then I'll be
forced to use either hardware raid5/6 or perhaps some other
configuration.  Maybe 6 stripe sets in a raidz array?

At the end of the day however I really don't care about the performance,
even the slowest of the tests I did would be fast enough to saturate a
gigabit ethernet port, which is way fast enough for me.  But its an
interesting set of tests...

-D