Driver for 3ware 9690SA, FreeBSD 8

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Sat Aug 1 07:21:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

we use these in all our (I/O-sensitive) servers, and they perform very
well. We've upgraded the firmware of all of them to the latest release
(as of about 2 months ago), though I'm not sure if that was done from
FreeBSD or in other systems prior to installation.

We use the 3dm package to manage the boards; it's available in ports
or through pkg_add -r 3dm . It's a version of the web-based management
tool from 3ware; however it's an old version, and I haven't been able
to extract the current version from the installation package provided
by 3ware (plus, it requires Java, but so does other software we use).

/Eirik