Interrupts issues

Benjie Chen benjie at addgene.org
Fri Sep 19 15:34:46 UTC 2008

Hi FreeBSD hackers:

I have two Dell workstations that I recently added FreeBSD 6.2 on. One
is a Precision T3400, one is an Inspiron 530. Nothing fancy. Installed
FBsd. Everything else is fine except both machines have interrupt
storm issues: one  core (both dual core) is 100% servicing interrupts.
On the Precision, it's irq20 atapci, on Inspiron it's irq19 uhci. The
other core is fine and both machines run well otherwise.

I saw several recent posts on the net about some of these issues and
did not find a resolution. It seems unlikely that it's just a ata or
usb issue since both machines happen to have the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Benjie