ubsec(4) and AES

Gergely CZUCZY phoemix at harmless.hu
Tue Jan 15 10:19:48 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 10:17:31AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
> Gergely CZUCZY wrote:

> >>Broadcom never gave me the ok to add the AES support; will ask again.
> >>
> >>As to performance I believe hifn 7956 parts were on a par w/ the 5823 but it's been a long time.  The main issue isn't the speed of
> >>the crypto part but the bus+dma glue.
> >>
> >And also stability. I've experience system crashing with the soekris vpn1401. It was
> >kinda strange. Existing things worked (like an opened ssh connect, the box is a gateway),
> >but I couldn't even fork() new processes, use apache, open new ssh connections to the
> >box, anything. And the interrupt load was also a bit too high. Anyways, it's a different
> >issue.
> >

> Hifn contributed many driver fixes for the 795x parts but some are not yet in cvs.  However I recently tested a Hifn reference 7956
> card w/ HEAD and couldn't make it fail as it used to.  I've requested help getting all the hifn changes into the tree but gotten no
It didn't fail. It made the system hang :)
For testing proposes, I've unplugged the card for a few days, and now the system
seems to be running without any issues.
Question, where did you get the 7956-based card? Soekris' version is not
yet ready.

Sincerely,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy at harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.