Printer Configuration with CUPS

Bill Schoolcraft billschoolcraft at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 04:58:25 PST 2008

Neeku Shamekhi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't find out a way to configure my USB printer on FreeBSD 6.2. I used
> the instructions on this link: http://www.freebsddiary.org/cups.php  it
> installed something; but some commands had error and I couldn't figure it
> out. Could you please give me a step by step instruction to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Yep, had some releases of FreeBSD where CUPS just fires up so easy
and prints that one would want make "CUPS" T-Shirts for all...

Then, doing the exact same thing that worked for years fails...
(shrug)  I then just go to my other Unix like boxes that configured
instantly, print the document I need "now" then come back when I
have an hour or three free and re-read the same docs etc...

Having the same issue with SunOS 5.10 (x86) right now too... worked
on other prior releases, then "blah" -- go figure.

--
Bill Schoolcraft <> http://billschoolcraft.com
                     ~