FreeBSD 6.3 RELEASE on Laptop, Mouse not working after set up

Allen doomnix at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 09:14:32 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I just finished installing FreeBSD 6.3 RELEASE on my laptop, and after
the install, I forgot I hadn't loaded the mouse yet, which I noticed
after loading X and wondering why it wasn't moving.

Anyway, I go back to the console and load sysinstall and then go to
configuration, mouse, and enable the thing.

When it asks if the mouse os moving, I press enter for yes because it
is.

After I exit that, NO MOUSE!

The Mouse is a Targus USB mouse (The little clear and silver one that
changes colors while it's on) and anyway, does anyone have an idea why
this is doing it?

I'm almost certain I've probably made an error or screwed up somewhere
but like I said it works fine when sysinstall asks if it's moving so I'm
just confused about it.

Any help is appreciated as I'd really like to use it on my laptop but I
have to have a mouse obviously because a lot of apps I use require X.

Anyway, if I'm doing something stupid or plum forgot something, please
let me know and flame me freely as it is pretty late and could easily be
a user error ;)

Thanks,

-Allen