802.11n PCI card: what should I buy?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 10 07:20:11 UTC 2008

Hello, Sam.
You wrote 10 ??????? 2008 ?., 1:34:18:

> None right now.  Intel won't license their linux code so we can make a
> usable driver.  I'm not aware of any Marvell-based cards in the retail
> channels (I have a working driver for their hardware).  Atheros is being
> totally uncooperative in general.  Broadcom and Ralink have not shown
> any interest in the freebsd community (despite being the only system
> that has working 11n support).
  But `man ath' says:

The ath driver supports all Atheros Cardbus or PCI cards, except those
that are based on the AR5005VL chipset.

  It looks like, that 802.11n cards on atheros are all `mini-PCI', but
maybe, it is possible to adapt them via some PCI2miniPCI adapter?

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>