Recommended SATA controllers

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat May 19 08:56:25 UTC 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007 01:34:01 Charles Sprickman wrote:
> Looking to spend under $70 or so, which I'm guessing is a pretty high
> ceiling for a non-RAID card.

Various Promise controllers (TX2, TX4, 4302) fall in the high end of that
range, as do (PCI 2-port) SiI 3112 controllers. There's also the SiI 3124
(PCI-X 4-port) and SiI 3132 (PCIe x1 2-port) but those are in -CURRENT only
or you need to MFC them yourself (I can give you a tarball of that, but
obviously those are all way off the supported track). Those SiI cards will go
for about $30, I think.

ICH is -- unless Intel has suddenly started packaging them on discrete
cards -- probably not an option.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/