FreeBSD 6.2 on HP Proliant DL360G5 works correct.

MeX mex at active.sk
Mon May 14 17:10:20 UTC 2007

On Pon, Máj 14, 2007 15:05, Olivier Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 16:23 +0400, Alex Keda wrote:
>> I install freebsd 6.2 on HP Proliant DL360G5 (2x4 core xeon) and find -
>> it work correct.
>> real memory  = 3487924224 (3326 MB)
>> avail memory = 3413168128 (3255 MB)
>
> "only" 3GB RAM for such a server? :-)   If it's not the case,
> I'd suggest to add PAE support, or to switch to an amd64 kernel...
>
> regards,
> Olivier

I can only recommend switch to amd64 kernel, PAE is IMHO only such kind of
hack that is sometimes working.

And also try to off HT (HyperThreading) in BIOS. There are some voices and
also my own experience that FreeBSD SMP (5.x, 6.x) is working better
without HT (HT should be off). Maybe you can find also some benchmarks
that this can proof. Or try to do some your own real-application
benchmark.

Regards

MeX