MPT SAS1064

mjacob at freebsd.org mjacob at freebsd.org
Sat Mar 10 17:48:31 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 11:51 AM 3/10/2007, mjacob at freebsd.org wrote:
>
>> Do you know what the actual attached disk(s) are? Can you get into the MPT
>> BIOS and look at the RAID Properties tab if it exists?
>
> Hi,
> Yes, I just attached a couple of Segate SATA drives and configured the card
> to be a RAID1 mirror.

Okay, yes, well, the U320 variant of the embedded RAID I've managed to
get into a pretty poor state (yes, on my list). The SAS/SATA version
hasn't even been tested by me. Others have tried it with varying degrees
of success. Also on my list. I was actually surprised it worked at all.

For now- in a word- "don't".

If it works for you great, but management/info is almost nonexistent.

-matt