FreeBSD 4.8 Max Supported Processor and RAM

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Mar 5 17:37:39 UTC 2007

Ann Lee <yokean1 at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Need some advice what is the maximum processor and RAM supported for FreeBSD
 > v4.8? Below is my server spec detail.
 >
 > Is FreeBSD 4.8 support ICH5R RAID 0+1?

No.  The first release to have ICH5 support was 4.9.

I strongly recommend that you use the latest stable release
(i.e. FreeBSD 6.2).  4.8 is four years old and not supported
anymore.  It should work with your processor and RAM, though,
but not with your ICH5 controller.

Best regards
   Oliver

Any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may
not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix GmbH & Co KG in any way.