Problems with WiFi PCMCIA card Linksys WPC11.

iena unlike ienabellamy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:57:17 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.

I`ve bought a wifi pc-card type II, the exact model is: Linksys WPC11 ver.4.

The card in question, works with PRISM  chipset, and so SHOULD works with
wi(4) driver. I`ve compiled it in my kernel but at the boot, FreeBSD 6.1 and
now, FreeBSD 6.2 stable doesn`t see the card. wi0 doesn`t exist.

The error reported in /var/log/messages is :

> Gen 11 11:50:50 thinkbsd kernel: cbb alloc res fail
> Gen 11 11:50:50 thinkbsd kernel: cardbus0: Can't get memory for IO ports
> Gen 11 11:50:50 thinkbsd kernel: cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device
> 0.0 (no driver attached)

I've read the man pages of wi(4) driver and it reports :

> Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11    Prism-II PCMCIA
> Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11 2.5    Prism-2.5 PCMCIA
> Linksys Instant Wireless WPC11 3.0    Prism-3 PCMCIA

There isn't the version 4.0 of my WPC11 card. So, the problem is this ?
The kernel is default GENERIC.

I haven't got the skills to write a modifications for wi(4) driver :-(

Can i do something ?