2 laptop questions

ANdrei arusan at gmx.net
Tue Jan 23 01:16:31 UTC 2007

I hope this hasn't been asked before, as I didn't find the solution to my
1st problem.

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop with an ALPS touchpad which happily works
under windows together with an USB 5-button mouse.
Under FreeBSD 6.1 everything is great, except that tap on the touchpad
doesn't work. Touchpad buttons and mouse buttons work ok.

I have googled and found that I have to use the -m 1=4 option for moused to
get tapping working. After setting this in rc.conf the tap works on the
touchpad but I am missing the 1st mouse button click on the USB mouse. I'm a
bit puzzled about the logical buttons, so I couldn't figure it out for
myself :-|
Would love to have the mouse fully working with scroll + 5 buttons (or at
least 3 buttons), the two touchpad buttons working _and_ the tap function(is
two-finger-tap recognition also possible?). Any hints?

second: does anybody have any experience with suspend-to-disk on a
Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook E-Series and FreeBSD 6.1. I don't want to dedicate
a partition for S4BIOS, do I have to end up with that and does that even
work ok? still researching on this, but any hints are welcome.

ANdrei
http://students.oamk.fi/~t6ruan00/
------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down
to their level then beat you with experience...