large disk > 8 TB

Lan Tran lan at hangwithme.com
Mon Dec 10 09:50:59 PST 2007

I have a Dell PERC 6/E controller connected to an external Dell MD1000
storage, which I set up RAID 6 for.  The RAID BIOS reports 8.5 TB.  I
installed 7BETA4 amd64 and Sysinstall/dmesg.boot detects this correctly:
mfid1: <MFI Logical Disk> on mfi1
mfid1: 8578560MB (17568890880 sectors) RAID volume 'raid6' is optimal"

However, after I created a zfs zpool on this device it only shows 185 GB.
# zpool create tank /dev/mfid1s1d
# zpool list
NAME                    SIZE    USED   AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH     ALTROOT
tank                    185G    111K    185G     0%  ONLINE     -

also with 'dh':
# df -h tank
Filesystem    Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
tank          182G      0B    182G     0%    /tank

any suggestions how to get all the space to show up?

Lan