SMP crashes / reboots 5.4 with CPanel

Simon simon at optinet.com
Thu Apr 5 19:00:44 UTC 2007

Before looking at anything you need to upgrade to RELENG_6_2, 6.0-R is
not enough, I personally had panics even under 6.1-R. Second, disable
HT, it's useless and might cause more problems than good. Also, disable
any idle controls, they are unnecessary in sever environment -- you do not
want your machine's CPU or harddrive off for immediate response to
client requests. Are you trying to save on power?

-Simon