HP BL460c

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Thu Apr 5 15:49:31 UTC 2007

George Kontostanos wrote:
 > I tested the blades on the AMD platform with the Embedded NC370i Network
 > adapter and it works fine under 6-stable. I was wondering if there is any
 > patch that I could apply under 6-2 release for that network adapter. The
 > reason I'm asking is because we are talking for 3 servers 2ns and 1mail and
 > it would make me feel better following the release branch.

I don't know if this makes you feel any better, but I've
upgraded a lot of machines from 6.2-Release along RELENG_6
and haven't had a single problem.  In fact some things
seem more stable under RELENG_6 than under 6.2-R, for
example NFS (seems to be faster, too, although I haven't
done any benchmarks).

YMMV, of course.

Best regards
   Oliver

"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."
        -- Steve Haflich, in comp.lang.c++