freebsd 5.4 dual core intel xeon & SAS supported

Ann Lee yokean1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:26:07 UTC 2007

the server will be in the next 2 weeks. 5.5 & 6.2 my apps not supported. hv
installed freebsd 6.1 compat5x but not working with my apps. 5.4 i386 tested
and no problem. maybe i shd take simon suggestion and install 6.1 amd64. i
seen a forum that i386 have issue with 4GB ram, only can detect 3GB. some
said hv to use smp kernel for duo core cpu & pae 4 gb ram, gmirror for raid.
not sure if it is supported sas harddisk with freebsd 5.4 or hv to build
custom kernel to support that.

anyone tested with smp kernel, gmirror, pae and make bios raid 1 at HP
server, pls send me mail for the link or steps to yokean1 at gmail.com and it
is greatly appreciated.

btw, how u solve ur problem for dell 2950 dual core xeons, Simon?