Linksys WPC55AG wireless on 6.1 release ver 7

Jeremy Windsor jeremywindsor at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:25:16 PDT 2006

This is my first time ever emailing something or posting something like
this.  Sorry if I sound like a noob.

I have a linksys WPC55AG wifi card in my laptop.  when i boot up with the
default kernel it finds cbb0, pccard0, and cardbus0.  i found the ath
drivers and added the 3 lines from man ath into a CUSTOM kernel file which i
cp from GENERIC kernel.  i recompiled the kernel using CUSTOM.  i then added
the ath driver load line to loader.conf in the /boot folder.

I still can not get the wireless card to power up.  When I plug it in, the
green link light flashes then goes off, and I hear my speaker of my pc
click.  But it never shows in dmesg or in /dev/net.

Am I doing something wrong?  This is an alienware laptop M7700 with pentium
4 3.4ghz, and everything except my sound card is working fine.