Is there anyone successfully running freebsd on a dell poweredge 1950?

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Tue Sep 26 00:03:54 PDT 2006

'morning,

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 16:22 +0100, Sam Eaton wrote:
> The patch didn't fix our network card issues - they fixed *some* of
> them, but we still get watchdog timeouts with NFS mounts.

can you reproduce them?  My last tests were fine, but it was only
http/ftp/rsync-over-ssh traffic.

> I've not had the shutdown problem myself though.

this sounds interesting...  do you still have your kernel configuration
file somewhere?  maybe it's just a small configuration issue on my
side...

> > What should I do to get that issue solved?  The server is now a few
> > months "old".  Is there a way to get the "core team" have a look on
> > it, against money or swiss chocolate for example? :)
> >
> > I can't wait until the end of the year to find a solution :(
>
> Neither could we, we gave up and bought something else.

Unfortunately that is not a solution for us, the box is already here.
For me the "worst case" scenario would be to go back and use linux...

regards,
Olivier