PCMCIA networking failure going 5.4R-->6.1R

Vicknesan AYADURAI vicknesan at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 5 06:51:17 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Am posting this 'solution' as a follow-up to my original question,
which is now 'fixed'. After more Net-trawling, I found a similar
problem described on the freebsd-acpi list, with a workaround:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2006-June/002833.html

Seems like there's some magic involved with IBM ThinkPads and PCI IRQ
assignments. Anyway, having the following lines:

>    hw.cbb.start_memory=0xd8000
>    hw.pci.link.LNKA.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKB.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKC.irq=11
>    hw.pci.link.LNKD.irq=11

in my 6.1R /boot/loader.conf enabled both my PCMCIA cards to get
assigned IRQ 11, and work without any hitches.

Just a general FYI,
vick