HP DL360 G5

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Nov 6 14:34:46 UTC 2006

Ben Suffolk wrote:
 > I am looking at purchasing a DL360 G5 and running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
 > on it.
 >
 > I can not seem to find if the embedded NICs are supported. They are
 > NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Network Adapters

Are you sure about that?

We have various generations of the Proliant DL360 (G2, G3,
G4 and G4p), and all of them have members of the Broadcom
BCM570x (5701, 5703, 5704, 5704C) onboard.  All of them
are supported by the bge(4) driver.  We're running 4-stable
and 6-stable (6.2-PRERELEASE) without problems.

We don't have any G5 machines yet, but I would be surprised
if they changed the onboard NICs to an entire different
family.

 > It looks like support for the E200i SAS controller is provided by the
 > CISS device, so I think that should be ok.

Well, I can confirm that the on-board controller in the G2,
G3, G4 and G4p works fine with FreeBSD -stable (4 and 6),
and it's indeed a CISS device.

Best regards
   Oliver

Python is executable pseudocode.  Perl is executable line noise.