FreeBSD shutting down unexpectedly

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Fri Mar 17 08:56:22 UTC 2006

Yuri Lukin wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a document that shows what a normal operating
>temperature (and maximum) is for an Intel Pentium processor? Mine is a
>PIII Socket370 1.26Ghz and according to mbmon, average temp is 35 degrees
>Celcius.

be sure to check Tcpu in BIOS before trusting mbmon (on my board, mbmon
show CPU temperature ~20*C lower than BIOS; chipset temp & other data
seem to be OK)

see Intel's datasheets for power consumption, Tmax, etc.
you can calculate approximate operating temperature by multiplying heat
dissipation value (which is about equivalent to power consumption) by the
cooler's thermal resistance (expressed in K/W or *C/W).

Timestamp: 0x441A717B
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.org.ua/
ridin' VN1500-B2