2 * DVI configuration

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jun 30 18:39:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:43:02AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Oliver Lehmann, and lo! it spake thus:

> I'm still searching for a working dualhead solution with 2*DVI
> ports.
>
> The second point is that I don't want to spend much money on the
> cards since all I do is plain X11. I need exactly zero 3D
> performance.

I'm quite fond of Matrox cards.  I'm pretty sure the 550 exists in
dual-DVI config.  They're not great on 3D, but they're excellent on
2D, and the driver is rock solid.  Of course, for cards newer than the
550, they went the way of everybody else and stopped releasing info
for drivers...

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net