Logitech G5 Lasermouse

Hannes Hauswedell hannes.hauswedell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:28:39 UTC 2006

hi!
i just bought a g5 mouse, because my mx700 broke and now i can't get the tilt
wheel working. to be more precise. the mouse is detected correctly and most
buttons send the right event:  left(1), right(3), middle(2), thumb(8) and
wheelup(5)-down(4), only tilting the wheel left or right does not cause any
effect in xev -> event 6 and 7 are missing.
i thought that maybe it was related to the mouse just not sending standard
driver events, but it works on gnu/linux (people have reported it working
with evdev)....
is there anything i can do to make it work her, too?

thanks a lot
hannes

p.s.: please cc to my address, i am not subscribed to -hardware

my xorg.cong reads:
Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Mouse0"
 Driver "mouse"
 Option "Protocol" "auto"
 Option "Device" "/dev/ums0"
 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
 Option "Buttons" "8"
 EndSection

and dmesg says:
ums0: Logitech USB Gaming Mouse, rev 2.00/46.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
 ums0: 7 buttons and Z dir.
 uhid0: Logitech USB Gaming Mouse, rev 2.00/46.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1